LiveJournal for the jive-ass bastards.
|Tuesday, June 15th, 2004|
|Monday, March 8th, 2004|
i'm always so bummed out and perplexed by haruki murakami's books. kiki showed our nameless hero a room full of skeletons, and he put names to five of them. but the sixth skeleton is left a mystery - it could be yumiyoshi, but she was only lost through the wall in a dream. although dreams are often interchangeable with alternate realities in his novels.
anyway, i think i've read all his surreal material now. which is a bummer in and of itself. which is not to say i'm not interested in his straight drama - i'm sure it's thrilling; norwegian wood is his most successful book, after all. but i doubt there'll be as many interesting characters. i guess i'll find out, won't i?
i was going to write an analysis of your poem in a comment, but that felt a bit impersonal, so i'm going to wait until i see you, and then we can talk about it. it's been an eventless day.
|Sunday, February 1st, 2004|
no order. no real common thread except i like them a lot and stuff. i tried not to duplicate artists, as i have a limit of 100.
1. 'regret' _ new order
2. 'ivanka' _ imperial teen
3. '80 windows' _ nada surf
4. 'valency' _ the spinanes
5. 'vasoline' _ stone temple pilots
6. 'no need to argue' _ the cranberries
7. 'bomb' _ bush
8. 'head on' _ the jesus and mary chain
9. 'diamond dogs' _ beck
10. 'rid of me' _ pj harvey
11. 'this love' _ maroon 5
12. 'everybody here wants you' _ jeff buckley
13. 'i feel you' _ depeche mode
14. 'so alive' _ love and rockets
15. 'planet telex' _ radiohead
16. '3 libras' _ a perfect circle
17. 'ain't no sunshine' _ bill withers
18. 'they say vision' _ res
19. 'so watcha want' _ the beastie boys
20. 'i'm not in love' _ 10cc/tori amos
21. 'all i really want' _ alanis morrisette
22. 'i can't go for that' _ hall & oates
23. 'closet' _ pete yorn
24. 'rain and snow' _ the be good tanyas
25. 'maps' _ the yeah yeah yeahs
26. 'a case of you' _ joni mitchell
27. 'asleep' _ the smiths
28. 'a stroke of luck' _ garbage
29. 'imaginary love' _ rufus wainwright
30. 'strut' _ sheena easton
31. 'the message' _ grandmaster flash and the furious five
32. 'get gone' _ fiona apple
33. 'caught a lite sneeze' _ tori amos
34. 'gigantic' _ pixies
35. 'in your eyes' _ peter gabriel
36. 'natural one' _ folk implosion
37. 'do you wanna touch me?' _ gary glitter/joan jett
38. 'monotone' _ splender
39. 'tip' _ finger eleven
40. 'the wind' _ cat stevens
41. 'dead leaves and the dirty ground' _ the white stripes
42. 'she's lost control' _ joy division
43. 'if' _ janet jackson
44. 'da funk' _ daft punk
45. 'goodbye horses' _ q. lazzarus
46. 'the day i tried to live' _ soundgarden
47. 'helmet in the bush' _ korn
48. 'eleanor rigby' _ the beatles
49. 'at the stars' _ better than ezra
50. 'ruby road' _ big sir
51. 'jòga' _ björk
52. 'she sells sanctuary' _ the cult
53. 'photograph' _ def leppard
54. 'leaving town' _ dexter freebish
55. 'crooked crown' _ the anniversary
56. 'baby britain' _ elliott smith
57. 'sad but true' _ metallica
58. 'fuck and run' _ liz phair
59. 'the hunter gets captured by the game' _ massive attack w/ tracey thorn
60. 'disco science' _ mirwais
61. 'feeling good' _ muse
62. 'hearing things' _ moth
63. 'all apologies' _ nirvana
64. 'corduroy' _ pearl jam
65. 'i can't get next to you' _ al green
66. 'bring it on home to me' _ sam cooke
67. 'opticon' _ orgy
68. 'happiness & the fish' _ our lady peace
69. 'get it on' _ power station
70. 'come around' _ rhett miller
71. 'the seed (2.0)' _ the roots w/ cody chestnutt
72. 'on guard' _ le tigre
73. 'my name is jonas' _ weezer
74. 'get ready' _ sublime
75. 'viva' _ tinstar
76. 'the modern age' _ the strokes
77. 'blues before and after' _ the smithereens
78. 'the reflecting god' _ marilyn manson
79. 'you're no rock 'n roll fun' _ sleater-kinney
80. 'push it' _ salt n pepa
81. 'breaking the girl' _ the red hot chili peppers
82. 'cecilia' _ simon & garfunkel
83. 'feiticeira' _ the deftones
84. 'are you a hypnotist??' _ the flaming lips
85. 'mayor of your town' _ leona naess
86. 'take me home tonight' _ eddie money & ronnie spector
87. 'rebel yell' _ billy idol
88. 'i can't tell you why' _ the eagles
89. 'someone saved my life tonight' _ elton john
90. 'strange currencies' _ r.e.m.
91. 'alone' _ heart
92. 'right hand man' _ joan osborne
93. 'slide' _ missy elliott
94. 'hot one' _ shudder to think
95. 'sweetest suffering' _ slow reader
96. 'peek-a-boo' _ siouxie and the banshees
97. 'touch and go' _ vibrolush
98. 'i'm on fire' _ bruce springsteen
99. 'burn' _ the cure
100. 'last' _ nine inch nails
( what happened to that 1%?.Collapse )
maybe less than definitive, but you could do worse than listen to any one of these!
it's not in ascending or descending or chronological or alphabetical or autobiographical order.
1. "hey jude" by the beatles
2. "an ending (ascent)" by brian eno
3. "head on" by the jesus & mary chain
4. "man on the moon" by r.e.m.
5. "novocaine for the soul" by the eels
6. "i hate myself and want to die" by nirvana
7. "i want you" by bob dylan
8. "dig for fire" by the pixies
9. "fly" by nick drake
10. "the fairest of the seasons" by nico
11. "come to daddy" by aphex twin
12. "big time sensuality" by björk
13. "say yes" by elliott smith
14. "last stop: this town" by the eels
15. "the biggest lie" by elliott smith
16. "midnight in a perfect world" by dj shadow
17. "thank you for the music" by cornelius
18. "fight the power" by public enemy
19. "son of sam" by elliott smith
20. "alone again or" by love
21. "fairway" by supercar
22. "music is math" by boards of canada
23. "dawn chorus" by boards of canada
24. "dirty boots" by sonic youth
25. "miss misery" by elliott smith
26. "last goodbye" by jeff buckley
27. "subterranean homesick blues" by bob dylan
28. "babies" by pulp
29. "da funk" by daft punk
30. "get me away from here, i'm dying" by belle & sebastian
31. "heart shaped box" by nirvana
32. "like i love you" by justin timberlake
33. "page one" by lemon jelly
34. "astonishing panorama of the end-times" by marilyn manson
35. "panic" by the smiths
36. "soon" by my bloody valentine
37. "eple" by röyksopp
38. "teardrop" by massive attack
39. "djed" by tortoise
40. "chemical world" by blur
41. "ce matin-la" by air
42. "pete standing alone" by boards of canada
43. "lewis (mistreated)" by radiohead
44. "stay away" by nirvana
45. "railing" by roni size
46. "got your money" by ol' dirty bastard feat. kelis
47. "the killing moon" by echo & the bunnymen
48. "jack-ass" by beck
49. "ramshackle" by beck
50. "let down" by radiohead
51. "end of a century" by blur
52. "love will tear us apart" by joy division
53. "god only knows" by the beach boys
54. "thought @ work" by the roots
55. "isolation" by joy division
56. "from the morning" by nick drake
57. "brazil" by cornelius
58. "just like honey" by the jesus & mary chain
59. "for no one" by the beatles
60. "no name #3" by elliott smith
61. "norwegian wood" by the beatles
62. "witness (1 hope)" by roots manuva
63. "swords in the dirt" by roots manuva
64. "sacre francais" by dimitri from paris
65. "disarm" by smashing pumpkins
66. "frontier psychiatrist" by the avalanches
67. "shanky panky" by kid koala
68. "hey ya!" by outkast
69. "once in a lifetime" by talking heads
70. "fuck tha police" by n.w.a.
71. "black hole sun" by soundgarden
72. "where is my mind?" by the pixies
73. "surfin' bird" by the trashmen
74. "la revolucion" by ugly duckling
75. "just" by radiohead
76. "sleep the clock around" by belle & sebastian
77. "stan" by eminem
78. "bigmouth strikes again" by the smiths
79. "the crystal lake" by grandaddy
80. "dry the rain" by the beta band
81. "all tomorrow's parties" by the velvet underground
82. "dear prudence" by the beatles
83. "summer here kids" by grandaddy
84. "teenage kicks" by the undertones
85. "all apologies" by nirvana
86. "playground love" by air
87. "stephanie says" by the velvet underground
88. "waltz #2 (xo)" by elliott smith
89. "do you realize??" by the flaming lips
90. "blister in the sun" by the violent femmes
91. "help the aged" by pulp
92. "the boy with the arab strap" by belle & sebastian
93. "street spirit (fade out)" by radiohead
94. "peaches" by presidents of the usa
95. "sugarcube" by yo la tengo
96. "celebrate your mother" by eighties matchbox b-line disaster
97. "i heard it through the grapevine" by marvin gaye
98. "intergalactic" by the beastie boys
99. "mr. tambourine man" by bob dylan
100. "maps" by yeah yeah yeahs
|Saturday, January 10th, 2004|
i took the liberty of uploading two icons which i thought were really neat, and both refer to themes we love (those being kiefer sutherland and guns, and kiefer sutherland with guns).
by all means, reset the default if you'd prefer, but i just thought i'd show you, because they're great in the extreme.
thank you for my e-mail. i like your coat! today, i watched the rest of "24 season one", including the hand-to-hand scene in the final episode, which concludes with the best two seconds in television history. this being the wall-running thing jack performs. i wish i was jack. but not when he's being tortured with a soldering iron. that wouldn't be fun.
next week, i will buy the first season on dvd, because i'd rather like it.
|Tuesday, December 23rd, 2003|
|well, i'm going to start making cookies, and if you're not around after i'm done...you don't want to know what will befall you.|
|Thursday, December 18th, 2003|
http://www.taschen.com/ : pretty books
http://www.airtoons.com/ : amusing thing
http://www.urban75.com/Mag/bubble.html : there is nothing else.
http://www.sfdt.com/ : stick figure death theatre
http://www.thesurrealist.co.uk/slogan.cgi?word= : slogan generator. good fun with the right word.
http://www.mcsweeneys.net/ : you'd probably like this stuff. maybe.
http://www.stellamarrs.com/ : nifty postcards and such
http://www.annetaintor.com/ : nifty magnets and postcards and such
http://flight001.com/ : nifty things
http://knockknock.biz/ : dear god, how i lust after this crap. well, some of it.
http://www.cremaster.net/ : we HATES him! he knocked up björk! and his crap is too conceptual!
okay, must sleep. love you.
|Saturday, December 13th, 2003|
i'm so glad itunes is smart enough to tell me what my top 25* most played songs are. cuts down the effort needed on my part.
this is just in case i'm asked for a top 5 list within the next couple days. yeah, i'm cheating. whatcha gonna do about it? [dear god, that's a new kids on the block song.]
Leaving Town _ Dexter Freebish 
Get It On (Bang A Gong) _ Power Station 
Istant Pleasure _ Rufus Wainwright 
This Charming Man _ The Smiths 
Diamond Dogs _ Beck 
April Fools _ Rufus Wainwright 
everybody here wants you _ Jeff Buckley 
Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground _ The White Stripes 
You're No Rock n' Roll Fun _ Sleater-Kinney 
Imaginary Love _ Rufus Wainwright 
once around the block _ Badly drawn boy 
Freetime _ Kenna 
Vasoline _ Stone Temple Pilots 
She Sells Sanctuary _ The Cult 
Take Me Home Tonight _ Eddie Money/Ronnie Spector 
Deep _ Nine Inch Nails 
Mandinka _ Sinead O'Connor 
Sad Mood _ Sam Cooke 
Fuck and Run _ Liz Phair 
Keep Fishin' _ Weezer 
Don't Wanna Fall In Love _ Jane Child 
Photograph _ Def Leppard 
For Nancy ('Cos It Already Is) _ Pete Yorn 
I'm Not in Love _ 10cc 
Valency _ Spinanes 
*out of 1372 [yes, i cut down a bit.]
|Wednesday, December 10th, 2003|
i watched welcome to the dollhouse on ifc tonight when i should've been studying or working on my video instead. but i couldn't get up because matilda fell asleep behind my neck when i was sitting in my lounge chair.
anyhoo, classes are over tomorrow. so i can talk to you whenever i damn well please. hee.
i'll miss you on saturday. but i'm sure you'll have fun.
DO THE DAMN ESSAY.
|Friday, November 28th, 2003|
god, okay. wow. muse might be some boring sub-jeff buckley outfit, but they are phenomenal live.
honestly! the atmosphere couldn't have been any thicker if they'd dropped an atomic bomb on the arena.
i'm not going to school today because:
i was tired and wanted a lie-in.
there aren't any trains from romford to brentwood right now.
i can't be bothered.
there was this bit, the crescendo to the gig, and they played some record called "time is running out", i think, and then launched straight into "plug-in baby" and the crowd went ballistic! all these black balloons rained over the floor and there was confetti everywhere and you couldn't hear a fucking thing. it was awesome.
okay. hope i'll speak to you a little later, gringo! good luck with the family.
|Wednesday, November 26th, 2003|
as pope and saint, i think we'd make a good team. and we can conquer all of europe together. how much you wanna bet that that 6 year-old is brazilian?
camilo, adrian, their dad gustavo, and camilo's girlfriend jenny are here now.
oh, and it's miguel AND his cousin that will be coming tomorrow.
adrian's hair makes him look like he's from the 70's, but he doesn't have the porn star mustache, thankfully.
have fun at the concert!
|Tuesday, November 25th, 2003|
i don't feel well. my ear hurts, because i have an infection in the left canal. i don't really think evil dead lives up to its cult status as the greatest video nasty. i dunno. you ought to see paris, texas and bottle rocket if you haven't already, esther.
i've been playing with photoshop and just staring at my desktop backgrounds and stuff. i'm bored.
i'm thinking about what i'll do if my school asks me to leave, and also about things i'd like to ask for this christmas if i cared enough to bother:
a takamine acoustic guitar.
a game boy advance sp.
final fantasy tactics.
boktai! the sun is in your hand
ghost world on dvd
american beauty on dvd
|oh, and for a laugh, check out i_am_walken. the one of the queen mother is amusing, too, but i forget the username.|
|Monday, November 24th, 2003|
because i can. and so i won't forget things.
TO DO HERE:
set vcr to tape 24, scrubs, e.r.
copy notes for presentation [leave early? call alison]
1130am - appt. w/ trisha
jacket? [check weather]
polaroid w/ film
TO DO @ HOME:
renew driver's license
call carly &
get food for matilda
more D8 tapes
have birthday cake and ropa vieja, or else.
work on poetry book
ideas for video [show sthg. 12/3...]
beg for car/money
decoratey things for apt.
steal a bug's life and newsies
- changed font to 'georgia'
- fiddled with colors more
- modified comment links & title
- added more interests
do we want friends? or are we too elitist?
anything i should change back to the way it was?
anything else need to be changed?
should it just be us who can post comments and such?
feel free to make up some more icons, since you're taking the day off and all. never such a thing as too many icons. i'll talk to you after i escape video.
|Sunday, November 23rd, 2003|
well, if you won't say it, i will.
...whadda we do NOW?!?
LiveJournal for the jive-ass bastards.